Belinda Kroll is the author of three historical novels. She is also the author of non-fiction and children’s storybooks under the name Binaebi Akah.
With a masters in Human Computer Interaction and a minor in English, she helps make websites and software intuitive by day, and puzzles away at her writing by night. She lives with her husband and two dogs in Ohio.
Looking for writing tools and materials?
I love to help my fellow authors! I create bullet journals for writers on Etsy. If you’d like to see something special in my shop, you can submit your thoughts via my Bullet Journals for Writer’s survey.
This website is a self-hosted WordPress installation. I am hosted at 1&1. I don’t do advertisements, but I do review books at my discretion.
This is Belinda Kroll’s personal blog. The opinions that I express here are mine. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you follow an affiliate link and then buy that product or service, I will be paid a small commission. Your cost will be the same or perhaps less if it is a promotion.
This notice is for this website; worderella.com owned by Belinda Kroll/Binaebi Akah Calkins in Columbus, Ohio and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
- “I” or “The Website” refers to Belinda Kroll
- “you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful Basis // Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from my website.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties, but we do use the following plugins to manage this website…
- Cache Enabler
- Easy Facebook Likebox
- Google Analytics
- Instagram Feed
- UpdraftPlus Backups
Lawful Basis // Legal Obligation
- The reason we use this basis: To pay my taxes correctly.
- We process your information in the following ways: I must maintain a list of contractors with name, address, and purchases for tax inspections in line with the United States of America
- Data retention period: Six years
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Data Security and Protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by 1 & 1 Hosting in how we store, access and manage that information.
Sponsored Links, Affiliate Tracking & Commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners Amazon Affiliates (rarely).
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email Marketing Messages & Subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through [an email marketing service provider. We use MailPoet, which is data stored on this site only.
We collect: email address, first and last name (if provided by you), subscription date and time, click stats for opening our newsletters.
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact us at info AT worderella DOT com
UPDATED MAY 2018